This contest provides a venue for 4-H members across the nation to express their love of companion animals and demonstrate their photography skills.
- Contest is open to all 4-H and non-4-H youth ages 8-18 years of age as of January 1, 2014.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- All photos must be created by the participant.
- Entry must have been completed after October 1, 2013 and by the submission deadline.
- Animals must not be harmed and any handling should be conducted in a way that promotes sound husbandry practices and positive relationships between handler/companion.
The eXtension Companion Animal Community of Practice reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any work, reject any submission, and make executive decisions on individual situations not foreseen by these guidelines.
All photos should focus on one of the following categories:
- Animal Health and/or Nutrition – example: A rabbit getting a wellness exam from a veterinarian.
- Good Husbandry and/or Grooming – example: A dog being groomed.
- Training and/or showing – example: A dog jumping over a bar jump.
- Human/Animal Bond – example: A child smiling while petting a guinea pig.
What to Send:
- Completed and signed application form.
- Digital photo.
- Adjustments to digital photographs are limited to color and contrast adjustments, cropping, gray scaling, exposure adjustments, and red eye reduction.
- The top ten entries will receive special recognition on the eXtension website http://www.extension.org/companion_animals and a 4-H flash drive.
- All entries that meet the above requirements will be combined with the Companion Animal 4-H video contest and entered into a drawing for an Apple® – iPad® mini Wi-Fi – 16GB
- Scoring will be based on a combination of both content and photography skills with emphasis on content.
- All entries must be received by November 4, 2014.
- No more than 5 photography entries per participant.
- Email entry form and photo to: email@example.com include “Photo Contest” in the subject line.
For a fillable entry form, open the pdf below:
Land Grant University Cooperative Extension assures compliance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and other federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
Companion Animal 4-H Photo Contest
ENTRY INFORMATION (One entry form per photo, please)
4-H Companion Animal eXtension Video/Photography Contest
Photographic, Video, Audio and Web Site Consent and Release Form 1
I do hereby consent and agree that the eXtension Companion Animal Community of Practice and any of its affiliated groups and their staff have the right to use the photograph that I am voluntarily providing. I understand that the photograph may be used in eXtension or 4‑H Youth Development educational or promotional materials. I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.
I do hereby release to the eXtension Companion Animal Community of Practice and its staff all rights to exhibit this work publicly or privately, including posting it on an eXtension web site. I waive any rights, claims or interests I may have to control the use of my identity in association to the photograph, and agree that any uses described herein may be made without compensation or additional consideration of me.
I represent that I have read and understand the foregoing statement and am competent to execute this agreement.
Name:______________________________ Picture Title:____________________________________
Phone:______________________________ Mobile Phone:_____________________________